Justin’s “grown-up” singer-songwriter cd from 1999, repackaged here in a digipak and re-mastered with a previously unreleased bonus track. This is a moving collection of late-night ballads framed by standup bass, organ, steel guitar, and horns.
GRAMMY Nominee Justin Roberts first collection of original nighttime songs for families. lullaby is for those wee small hours just before bedtime with elegant moments of chamber music, snatches of 70s soft rock, and sleepy bossa nova and r & b grooves.
2010 Grammy Nominated Album Justin's latest CD, Jungle Gym, ascends through the collective memories of childhood: from the joys of trick or treating and sleepovers to the magic stillness of snow days and gym class parachutes.
Pop Fly is Justin's much anticipated sixth CD. He continues to take children's music to new musical and lyrical heights with his unique "kindie" rock. Whether describing the occasional triumphs of a distracted outfielder or imagining all the magnificent creatures living inside Henrietta's unkept hair, this recording brims with sounds that are more Fountains of Wayne than Romper Room.
1. Pop Fly 2. She's a Yellow Reflector 3. Big Field Trip 4. Henrietta's Hair 5. The Backyard Super Kid 6. From Scratch 7. Stay-at-Home Dad 8. She Sits 9. Giant-Sized Butterflies 10. Kickboard, Baby, Yeah 11. Fruit Jar
Meltdown! is Justin's fifth CD and his most accomplished effort to date. Justin explores the kid's perspective from sidewalk chalk drawings to oceanside sandcastles to life's inevitable meltdowns. With sly references to Elvis Costello, Paul Simon, and Modern English (the title track ends with the proclamation "I'd stop the world and meltdown with you!"), Meltdown! will have the whole family playing air guitar in no time.
"The latest from Roberts is another genre-swirling grand slam." — Cookie Magazine
1. I Chalk 2. My Brother Did It 3. Get Me Some Glasses 4. Our Imaginary Rhino 5. Meltdown 6. Maybe The Monster 7. Sandcastle 8. Taking Off My Training Wheels 9. More Than Just A Minute 10. Cartwheels & Sommersaults 11. Koala Bear Diner 12. It's Your Birthday 13. Song For You
Way Out is Justin's fourth release and the first time he turned the knobs all the way up to eleven. The CD is filled with memorable pop hooks and singable catchy choruses, including the punk rock anthem "Day Camp," the clever "Doctor Doctor" and the fully rocking "Picture Day" (about which The Independent said "[it] may be the greatest song ever written. Really."). The songs will have the kids bouncing off the walls and the adults remembering their own pre-pre-pre-teen years.
"More than any children's release this year, this CD makes you want to buy multiple copies and pass them out to friends—if only to prove that children's music can be unaccountably great." — Amazon.com Editor's Review
1. Airplane Of Food 2. Day Camp 3. Best Friend 4. Doctor Doctor 5. Way Out 6. Roller In The Coaster 7. Humpty's At It Again 8. Picture Day 9. Bigger 10. I Lost The Tooth I Lost 11. Backyard Spaceship 12. Suppertime
Not Naptime is Justin's third CD and features such concert favorites as "Brontosaurus Got a Sweet Tooth" and "Billy the Bully." The song "Nine Planets," though scientifically debatable, was a popular track on a recent Starbucks' children's music compilation. Not Naptime also features one of Justin's personal favorites, the introspective "Moving." Get ready to stay awake all night for this one.
"Roberts's beguiling, often uproarious turns of phrase never cease to delight, from the title track ("Don't even start with those carpet squares," warns its naptime-phobic protagonist) to the breathtaking album-closing lullaby, "Last Night the Moon was Full."" — Washington Post
1. Night Light 2. Brontosaurus Got a Sweet Tooth 3. Nine Planets 4. Not Naptime 5. Billy the Bully 6. Pick Up the Pears 7. Moving 8. Three Days 9. 98.8 10. D-O-G 11. Dad Caught Stars 12. Last Night the Moon Was Full
Yellow Bus is Justin's second release and contains several of Justin's most popular songs, including "Willy Was a Whale," "One Little Cookie," and "Yellow Bus." This CD won Justin his first Parents' Choice GOLD award and was featured in People Magazine. As Disney's Family Fun magazine proclaimed, "Hop on the bus, you're guaranteed to enjoy the ride."
"After his enjoyable 1998 debut album, "Great Big Sun," Justin Roberts tops himself with this immensely appealing, creative release with genuine all-ages appeal." — Parents' Choice
1. In the Car 2. Tickle My Toes 3. Thought it was a Monster 4. Yellow Bus 5. Willy was a Whale 6. Mama is Sad 7. Rocketship 8. Tie Your Shoe 9. One Little Cookie 10. Hey Hippopotamus 11. Giraffe/Nightingale 12. All Eyes On You
Great Big Sun is Justin's very first family CD. Many of the songs were written while Justin was daytime moonlighting at a Montessori school while his indie-folk band were rocking out at night. It features simple yet infectious songs like "Little Raindrop," "If You Got 1," and "Great Big Sun." This is an intimate and folky affair, sure to become a soundtrack to your family's life. A modern-day classic.
"Hands down the best made for children's record of the past two years. Roberts sings of pancakes, pajamas, and little miracles." — St. Paul Pioneer Press
1. Great Big Sun 2. If You Got 1 3. Everything Else Starts With E 4. Little Raindrop 5. Apple Tree 6. Smart Parts 7. Do You Wanna Go? 8. 3 Lil Pigs 9. A, B, C, D, E 10. Bouncin' Baby 11. Old Pajamas 12. Kitty Kat, Kitty Kat 13. Goodnight
The name of this band is "Why Not Sea Monsters?" It is made up of singer/songwriter Justin Roberts and producer/arranger Liam Davis. The songs are all original retellings of bible stories from the Hebrew Scriptures (aka: the Old Testament). Filled with Justin's trademark wit, warmth and catchy hooks, Justin takes on topics such as Noah building the ark and Moses at the burning bush with sometimes silly and sometimes touching results.
1. Why Not a Spark? 2. Nothing Much in Tarshish 3. Here, Kitty, Kitty 4. The #1 Fellow 5. Make That Two 6. Giddy Up Gideon 7. Moses Thought It Odd 8. No Spring Chicken 9. Ruth 1:16-17 10. Just a Giant 11. Where Were You? 12. Centuries
The name of this band is "Why Not Sea Monsters?" It is made up of singer/songwriter Justin Roberts and producer/arranger Liam Davis. This CD contains all-original songs that are retellings of classic bible stories from the New Testament. Filled with Justin's trademark wit, warmth and catchy hooks, these songs run the gamut. Get ready for a hilarious take on the story of the loaves and fishes to a moving portrait of the good samaritan.
1. Bigger Fish to Fry 2. Loaves of Bread 3. Walking on the Lake 4. Now You're Back! 5. Not Today 6. Guess Who's 7. Here Beneath This Light 8. Shh Shh Shh 9. What's He Doing Up There? 10. Rub a Dub a Dub Dub 11. Lydia 12. Is It You?